Being physically fit is one of the important things to keep the balance between your mental, physical and social life. When you are in good physical shape, all parts of your body are functionally active and keep your mind fresh and balanced. In this article we will have a look at yoga poses for flat abs
Some people prefer modern training to achieve that balance, while others prefer the practice of ancient yoga.
Why we need to go for Yoga?
In the last decade, yoga has gained a lot of awareness and people around the world are becoming more and more involved in it. Yoga refers to the union of the soul with the mind and the body.
Yoga is an exercise that has the ability to unlock the potential of the human mind and soul. Yoga is one of the best ways to energize your body, increase your concentration, and purify your blood, to name a few.
In this modern era of lifestyle, people focus on their physique and appearance. To attend an incredible physique, people go to the fitness centers, train rigorously for hours, and do their best to achieve good health and fitness.
While practicing yoga daily for an hour can give you better health and fitness without investment.
Can you develop abs with yoga?
Yes, yoga helps tone the abs and improve the abs. People with a bigger belly or an apple-shaped body have been repeatedly found to be prone to various diseases such as diabetes , cardiovascular diseases and more commonly obesity and related disorders.
A person with a pear-shaped body or flat abdomen is supposed to be more or less healthy, more energetic, and also supposed to have a better physique.
Due to the growing concern about cardiovascular diseases, respiratory diseases and diabetes; More and more people are trying to choose yoga for better general health, abs and much more.
Let’s take a look at some of the yoga poses that help tone your abs and give your body a better overall look.
7 Amazing Yoga poses for flat abs
1. Ardha Chakrasana yoga poses for flat abs :
Ardha chakrasana is pronounced as Ardhah-Chak-rah-asana
Steps for Ardha Chakrasana to tone the abs:
- Stand up straight with your feet together, balancing body weight equally on both feet and arms across the body.
- Breathe and extend your arms above your head with both palms facing each other.
- Exhaling, bend backward by pushing your pelvis forward, keeping your arms straight in line with your ears, elbows and knees straight, your head up and your chest raised towards the ceiling.
- Inhale and return to your standing position. As you exhale, lower your arms and relax.
Ardha Chakrasana Benefits: The following are the benefits of this yoga asana:
- Practicing this yoga posture strengthens and tones your back and abdominal muscles, restores your shape and thus gives you better abs.
- The organs in the abdomen, including the digestive, excretory, and reproductive organs, are toned by practicing this yoga pose.
- This yoga posture also helps correct all back and postural problems.
- Precautions People with spinal and hip problems, high blood pressure, patients with ulcers and hernias and also pregnant women should not perform this yoga asana.
2. Padahastasana yoga poses for flat abs :
This yoga posture is commonly known as a “hand-to-foot posture”. This yoga pose is part of the Surya Namaskara (sun salutation) yoga asana series.
Steps for Padahastasana to get Toned Abs:
- Stand up straight on your feet.
- As you exhale, slowly lean forward and let your arms drop as far as possible without straining.
- Lean down a little more and try to touch the ground with the palms of your hands and your knees with your forehead.
- Stay in this position for some time.
- Inhale and return to the normal standing position.
Benefits of this Padahastasana yoga pose:
- This yoga posture helps make the body more flexible and also stretches the muscles of the back and legs.
- This yoga posture makes your spine flexible and also helps get rid of many stomach problems and reduces constipation . Padahastasana also helps tone the nerves.
- The Padahastasana yoga posture also helps to remove extra fat present in the body near the back and sides of the waist and therefore tones the abs.
Caution. Patients suffering from spondylitis, neck pain, lower back injury, or any problem in the back and spine should not do this yoga or asana pose.
3. Parvatasana yoga poses for flat abs
This yoga pose is also called “The Mountain Pose” and, again, it is part of the Surya Namaskara series of asanas. In Sanskrit the word ‘Parvat’ refers to a mountain.
Steps for Parvatasana to achieve better abs:
- Lie on your stomach with your hands folded and placed to the side of your chest.
- As you exhale, lift your hips and pelvis up into an inverted “V” shape, while your chest is facing down. Your head should be between both hands facing inward.
- Hold this position for some time. From the side, this pose looks like a mountain.
- Now inhale and lower your body to reach the floor and relax.
Benefits of Parvatasana yoga posture:
- This yoga pose strengthens the muscles of the arms and legs and gives them a good shape.
- This yoga pose also tones the spinal nerve and balances blood flow in the spinal regions.
- Parvatasana helps tone the abdominal muscles and organs and therefore provides better and toned abs.
- Caution. People who suffer from pain in his head , low blood pressure and insomnia should avoid this yoga posture / asana.
4. Bhujangasana for better Abs:
Bhujangasana is considered one of the main backward bending asanas. As this yoga pose resembles the cobra pose with a raised hood, therefore this yoga pose is also known as “The Cobra Pose”. Most people these days keep complaining about back pain, hunch and other back problems. In such a scenario, Bhujangasana is the easiest way to get rid of all back problems, as performing this yoga pose strengthens your back muscles.
Steps to perform Bhujangasana to get Toned Abs:
- Lie on your stomach with your hands at your side and your toes touching each other.
- Now bring your hands forward to shoulder level, palms flat on the floor, and slowly raise your head and trunk with the help of your palms alone, arms folded toward your elbows.
- Bring your neck slightly back to give you a raised hooded cobra look and continue breathing normally.
Benefits: The following are the benefits of Bhujangasana Yoga Pose.
- This yoga posture tones the organs in the lower abdomen and also the digestive, urinary and reproductive organs. And therefore, this yoga pose gives your abs a better look.
- Performing this yoga / asana pose also increases flexibility in the spinal muscles and also strengthens the back muscles.
- Caution. The pregnant woman should not do this Bhujangasana / asana yoga pose. Avoid performing this yoga pose if you have carpel tunnel syndrome, fractures of the wrists and ribs, or if you had recent abdominal surgery, that is, a hernia.
5. Dhanurasana for toned abs:
This yoga posture is also commonly referred to as “The Bow Posture,” as in performing this yoga posture, the body and legs adopt the posture of a bow and the hands appear to be rope.
Steps to perform Dhanurasana to achieve better abs:
- Lie on your stomach with your hands at your side, remain relaxed and breathe normally.
- Bend your knees back to touch the back of your buttocks.
- Lift your head and neck up and back.
- Slowly move both hands back to grasp the lower legs at the ankles.
- Now take a deep breath, expand your chest, pull your legs up and lift your trunk up and back.
- Hold this pose for a few seconds.
- Now put your feet down, put your hands and feet down and put them back on the floor in the resting position.
Benefits of Dhanurasana yoga posture:
- This yoga posture is the best fat burner for your abdomen and helps tone your muscles and therefore provides you with better abs.
- This yoga pose massages the internal organs of the abdomen and is therefore good for diabetic patients.
- The Dhanurasana yoga posture also expands the chest and gives the body a better appearance.
- Caution. People suffering from migraine , headaches , back pain , high blood pressure, hernia and those who underwent recent abdominal surgery should avoid doing the Dhanurasana yoga posture. Women should avoid doing this yoga pose during their menstrual cycles and during pregnancy.
6. Naukasana for toned abs:
The final yoga pose in this series of asanas to tone your abs looks like a boat; and hence the Sanskrit name Naukasana or also known as ‘The Boat Posture’.
Steps for Naukasana to achieve better abs:
- Lie on your back, on the yoga mat, keeping your hands by your side.
- Relax in this resting position while maintaining your normal breathing.
- While inhaling, lift both legs up. Make sure your legs don’t bend.
- Slowly raise your head and chest to your abdomen. Your hands should be in front, trying to touch your feet. The maintained angles must be 45 degrees.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds and return to the relaxed position.
Benefits of Naukasana yoga posture:
- The Naukasana yoga posture strengthens and tones the abdominal muscles. This yoga pose is one of the main exercises to reduce abdominal fat and to develop six pack abs.
- The Naukasana yoga posture improves digestion and improves the function of the lungs, liver, and pancreas.
- Naukasana Yoga Pose helps improve blood circulation and is very good for diabetic patients.
- The Naukasana yoga posture also strengthens the muscles of the neck, shoulders, hips, and thighs.
- Caution. Naukasana yoga pose / asana should not be performed by pregnant women, during the menstrual cycle, people with high or low blood pressure, pain in the hip joint, arthritis , migraine and headaches, and also for hernia and ulcer
7. Kapalbhati Pranayama for a better Abs
Pranayamas are an excellent way to relax the mind and body, as well as stimulating the organs to achieve a better metabolism. Kapalbhati, a type of pranayama, also helps burn abdominal fat and tone the abdominal muscles. Let’s take a look at the ways it is done.
Steps to perform Kapalbhati Pranayama for Toned Abs:
- Sit with your legs bent over the mat. Your spine should be straight and your eyes closed.
- Rest your hands on your knees.
- Inhale slowly making your lungs fill up. Now exhale with full force so that your stomach comes in with each exhalation.
- Start with 15 cycles at once and slowly increase the number as you get used to it.
Kapalbhati Pranayama Benefits:
- Kapalbhati Pranayama is an excellent yoga exercise for burning abdominal fat and toning abs.
- Kapalbhati Pranayama helps remove carbon dioxide from your lungs and purifies the body.
- Kapalbhati Pranayama also helps to cure problems related to heartburn and digestion, asthma, sinusitis, constipation and is also excellent for treating breast cancer.
- Caution. Kapalbhati Pranayama should always be done on an empty stomach. People who have respiratory problems should always consult their doctor before starting this yoga exercise. The pregnant woman should always avoid doing Kapalbhati Pranayama.
Yoga is supposedly the best way to achieve a better, toned abs, all the more so for its long-lasting effects. This yoga poses for flat abs provide a healthy mind and body along with a flat belly and better abs. Practicing yoga on a daily basis can also help keep various diseases and disorders at bay.