Makarasana or Crocodile Yoga Pose is a relaxation pose and is usually performed after yoga practice to relax the entire body.
Meaning of Makarasana
The word Makarasana is derived from Sanskrit where “Makra” means “Crocodile” and “Asana” means “Posture” and hence the name Makarasana.
This pose is called Makarasana, as it resembles the crocodile at rest in the water. The main purpose of Makarasana or Crocodile Yoga is to relieve the body of the stress caused by other yogasanas.
The Makarasana or crocodile yoga pose can be used as a relaxation between different yogasanas or also when the body is stressed. or if you feel very tired.
Steps to do Makarasana or Crocodile Yoga Pose
- To practice Makarasana or crocodile yoga pose, lie on your belly on a yoga mat or on the floor.
- Cross both arms under the head in such a way that both arms cross.
- The next step to do Makarasana or Crocodile Yoga is to rest your forehead on the wrists of your hands.
- Close your eyes and let your whole body relax. Feel the stress leaving your body in Makarasana or Crocodile Yoga Pose.
- Relax your legs and open your legs a little so you have little space between your legs.
- As you inhale deeply, press your belly against the floor.
- Hold still in this position for 6-8 constant breaths while practicing Makarasana or Crocodile Yoga.
- With a long, deep exhalation, allow your body to relax on the floor.
- To release him from Makarasana, slowly bring your feet together.
- While releasing Makarasana, put your palms under your shoulder and put yourself in a child position or come on your back.
Benefits of Makarasana or Yoga Crocodile Pose
- Makarasana or Crocodile Yoga Pose is beneficial for people with respiratory or lung-related disorders such as asthma.
- It helps with disorders and stiffness of the spine making it flexible.
- Makarasana or the Crocodile Yoga pose is also beneficial for stretching leg and hip muscles.
- Karasana is a very beneficial posture to relax between and after asanas.
- It is very useful in the treatment and relaxation for people with knee pain.
- Makarasana or Crocodile Yoga Pose is also very beneficial for people with back disorders like sciatica, spondilytis and slip disc.
- It is also very beneficial for people with cervical pain.
- Makarasana or Crocodile Yoga Pose is also very helpful in reducing stress and promoting good posture.
- It is also a very good asana for all spherical stretches of the body.
- Makarasana promotes blood circulation in the body and helps reduce anxiety.
Precautions while performing Makarasana or Crocodile Yoga
- People with severe back and knee injuries should not attempt to perform this asana.
- People with neck pain or neck injuries should do so under guidance and should wear a folded cloth to support their neck during the practice of Makarasana or Crocodile Yoga.
Tips while practicing Makarasana or Crocodile Yoga Pose
- Always stay calm and try to forget everything while practicing asanas and that will help you relieve stress and anxiety.
- You should never get up abruptly after you finish the practice of Makarasana or Crocodile Yoga. can cause a back strain. Always support with the palms of the hands under the shoulder and get up or put yourself in a child position before getting up.
Makarasana or Crocodile Yoga Pose is a relaxation pose . In Yoga relaxation is very important . Stimulation followed by relaxation to the full benefits of asana