Yoga is useful for maintaining body health in more ways than one. There are many asanas that work for different parts of the body and help maintain their respective health, but the Surya Namaskar can easily be referred to as the father of all the different yoga asanas. We will see the amazing benefits for Surya namaskar
Surya Namaskar is a yoga exercise, which is a compilation of 12 different asanas that must be performed in a certain order with their respective breathing techniques. This specific detail of Surya Namaskar works wonders by bringing together the mind, body, and breath. Also known as greeting to the sun.
Surya Namaskar if done early in the morning helps you stay energized throughout the day. There are many other benefits of Surya Namaskar; some of which have been elaborated below
15 Amazing benefits for Surya namaskar
1. Surya Namaskar improves the beauty of the skin: Flexible skin and beautiful complexion are some of the ideal benefits of practicing Surya Namaskar. Since this exercise is a compilation of the 12 postures, they work well to eliminate waste products trapped in the pores of the skin.
Sweating is also a side effect of this rigorous form of yoga asana, which also helps the body release toxins. All in all, Surya Namaskar works to improve skin brightness and is also beneficial for good health.
2. Surya Namaskar prevents hair loss: Keeping pores open and improving the blood circulation of the most remote parts of the body are some of the proven benefits of Surya Namaskar practice.
Certain poses in Surya Namaskar, that is, the mountain pose (parvath asana) and the forward flexion posture (padhatasana), help improve blood circulation in the scalp, which helps improve texture and hair quality; and prevents hair loss too.
3. Benefits of Surya Namaskar in weight loss: One of Surya Namaskar’s most sought-after benefits is the help she provides to lose weight. The ideal and scientific stretching techniques under Surya Namaskar help eliminate extra fat quite comfortably. Torsion, compression, and stretching of the body parts in Surya Namaskar work well to help a person lose weight and achieve good health.
4. Surya Namaskar improves renal function: In addition to increasing blood circulation between the internal organs of the body, the practice of Surya Namaskar helps to gently massage the kidneys through stretching in different poses. This massage when combined with better blood flow, makes it an ideal exercise to benefit kidney function and maintain good health.
5. Surya Namaskar takes care of the heart: It is known to improve blood circulation throughout the body. Surya Namaskar is ideal for improving heart health. The practice of Surya Namaskar helps the body obtain a better supply of fresh oxygen and ensures the exercise of the lungs and heart. Therefore, a regular practice of Surya Namaskar also benefits heart health.
6. Surya Namaskar improves digestion: Any form of exercise is good for improving the functioning of the body’s digestive system, but Surya Namaskar works exceptionally in the same direction. Stretching in the different poses of this exercise also stretches the stomach muscles; In addition, Surya Namaskar also benefits from better blood circulation. These benefits of Surya Namaskar work together to help better the digestion of food.
7. Surya Namaskar manages the hormonal imbalance: The perfection with which the stretching exercises in Surya Namaskar work to improve blood circulation and make oxygen reach the different cells and tissues helps correct any hormonal imbalance too. Any irregularity in the glands is corrected through the different poses of Surya Namaskar. In addition, a regular practice of Surya Namaskar will surely stimulate the body function perfectly.
8. Surya Namaskar Improves Pulmonary Function: The ideal practice of Surya Namaskar involves the proper breathing routine with each of the different asanas and therefore also helps improve the functioning of the lungs. The deep breathing involved in the Namaskar Surya asanas ensures adequate expansion and contraction of the air sacs or alveoli of the lungs. This equips the body to fight effectively against different problems and diseases that could attack the respiratory system. Surya Namaskar benefits by supplying fresh oxygen to the body and provides good health.
9. Surya Namaskar benefits by relieving stress: The mind is a reflection of the body. A healthy body reflects a healthy mind and soul in turn. The practice of Surya Namaskar combined with your breathing routine also translates into a great help in relieving stress. Surya Namaskar stimulates the body’s endocrine system, the thyroid gland in particular, which helps keep anxiety and tension at bay. The new supply of oxygen works to maintain the health of the mind and proper stretching of the muscles improves the health of the body and, in turn, the health of the mind.
10. Surya Namaskar benefits from toning: The distinguished stretch format in Surya Namaskar ensures that any flaccid fiber is tucked efficiently and the result is a healthy, attractive and toned body. The different poses under the Surya namaskar work on different parts and different muscles of the body and help you use your weight to tone loose sagging. Like strength training, Surya Namaskar works on his muscles using his own body weight for good health.
11. Surya Namaskar benefits menstruation cycles for women: Again, stretching in Surya Namaskar and subtle massage of different internal organs work wonders for good health and for women especially. The cobra posture and the forward flexion posture under Surya namaskar work to maintain the health of the uterus and thus facilitate healthy and regular menstrual cycles.
12. Surya Namaskar improves sleep quality: Surya Namaskar keeps stress at a distance, stretching muscles and supplying fresh oxygen to different parts of the body, everything works for you to be more calm and satisfied. This, in turn, helps to achieve a healthy sleep too.
13. Surya Namaskar improves the nervous system: The stretching of the muscles and veins under the practice of Surya namaskar activates the nerves and neurons to the extremes. Surya Namaskar stimulates the different brain centers and provides exceptional training to maintain and improve the nervous system along with good health.
14. Surya Namaskar stretches the muscles: Proper stretching is essential to keep the muscles healthy and functioning. A simple Surya namaskar in the morning is an ideal workout for your muscles. The stretching done in the different poses of Surya Namaskar works to relieve stress in the muscles effectively. In addition, when this Surya Namaskar stretch is combined with the practice of breathing in the correct routine, it works ideally to improve the blood circulation of the body, which further improves the health of the muscles.
15. Surya Namaskar stimulates sugar levels in the body: According to experts and research were done on people, the practice of Surya Namaskar helps maintain healthy levels of sugar in the body as well. Surya Namaskar not only reduces excess sugar in the bloodstream but also helps stimulate the body’s insulin production. Therefore, Surya namaskar is highly recommended for diabetics and for good health in general.
I hope you enjoy these steps of Surya namaskar, one of the magnificent yoga posture. Every time I do it I feel more aware of my body, I focus on the points of support, I feel the mat and the earth under my hands and feet. Is awesome!
Do you like and enjoy this posture as much as I do? Share your opinions by leaving a comment below. And if you think it could benefit another person close to you, post this article on Facebook, Whatsapp or Twitter. Thank you!